His Excellency Hatem Ferjani10 Dec 2022
UAE International Investors Council - UAEIIC SPECIAL EDITION LEADERSHIP 2022
H.E. Hatem Ferjani
His Excellency Hatem Ferjani, Former secretary of State to the Minister for Foreign Affairs in charge of Economic Diplomacy.
- Born in Hammam-Lif, Tunisia, ont the 4th of December, 1970.
- Baccalauréat at the Lycée of Ibn Rachiq - Ezzahra – Tunisia (1990).
- Political science, University of Düsseldorf, Germany 1994.
- Law degree from the University of Münster, Germany (2001).
- Certificate of Proficiency in Judging, delivered by the Ministry of Justice of North Rhine-Westphalia– Germany (2005).
- MBA , Master of Business Administration , International University of Berlin .
Legal & Judicial experience
- Legal adviser in international private law at SCHUNCK & PARTNERS group, Germany (2001 – 2003).
- Legal adviser, specialised in international private law to Al Bassam Petroleum Equipement Company - APECO group, Gulf/Middle-East (Since 2001).
- Financial & Legal advisor to Gulf Heavy industries GHI CO, Gulf/Middle-East (2005).
- Opening of three law offices in Düsseldorf (2005), Cologne (2008) and Essen (2009).
- Lawyer at the German and European Courts.
- Legal advisor to international firms in Europe and the Middle East.
- Assessor to the President of the National Assembly in charge of Tunisians Abroad (2015-2016).
- Assessor to the President of the national Assembly in charge of External Relations (2017).
- Member of the Rights, Freedoms and External Relations Committee (10/2016-03/2017).
- Member of the Commission of General Legislation (04/2017-06/2017).
- Member of the Commission of the Tunisians Abroad (10/2016-06/2017).
- President of the Tunisia – Germany Parliamentary Friendship Group (2015-2017).
- Member of the Founding Board of the Nidaa Tounes Movement (2012).
- Spokesman for the Nidaa Tounes Movement Foreign Liaison Office (2013).
- Member of the Executive Board of Nidaa Tounes Movement (June 2014).
- President of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the Nidaa Tounes Party.
- Elected in the Constituency of Germany (Nidaa Tounes) in the Assembly of the Representatives of the People - ARP (2014-2017).
- Secretary of State to the Minister for Foreign Affairs in charge of Economic Diplomacy (September 2017 - October 2019).
Activities with civil society
- Member of the Bar Association of Düsseldorf, Germany (2005).
- Member of the Bar Association of Germany (2005).
- Member of the Association of Tunisians Abroad (2007).
- President of the Tunisian – German Association for Law (2009).
Arabic, French, German, English